Our Stephenson's Organic Body Wash Base contains a natural liquid soap base derived from organic oils, blended with gentle surfactant and skin- enhancing ingredients. It contains 81.98% organic ingredients. Clear to pale yellow in color, it simply requires the addition of fragrance and can readily be thickened with salt.
The Organic Body Wash Base not only helps protect the environment from intensive farming methods and chemical treatment of natural ingredients, but also passes these benefits directly to your skin.
• Contains a true liquid soap derived from Certified Organic sunflower and coconut oils
• Blended with gentle surfactants that are approved by the Soil Association, to provide masses of creamy lather
• Contains organic glycerin and a skin re-fatting ingredient derived from Palm Kernel, to provide a pleasant skin feel
• A fully formulated base that only requires the addition of fragrance or essential oils, and color, if desired
• Vegetable origin
• This liquid soap base is easily thickened, if desired, by adding table salt (sodium chloride). To gain organic certification use salt tablets with no anti-caking agent.
• Allows production of a Certified Organic Body Wash, if converter/ filler have organic certification.
Processing Notes (PLEASE READ)
• Gently stir the base while adding the other additives
• Always test a small sample BEFORE moving on to larger amounts.
• Base and additives should be at about the same temperature. Keep an eye out for layering within the liquid.
• Be advised that certain fragrances and essential oils may cause clouding when added to this body wash, in which case you may want to use opaque (non-transparent) bottles.
• Let mixture sit for at least 48 hours to check for separation.
Stephenson's Organic Certification:
This Organic Body Wash Base has the organic certification by the Soil Association (UK) that states it contains 81.98% organic ingredients. Soil Association organic certification ensures the integrity of the products in relation to the environmental impact of their farming and the long -term sustainability of the crops. No chemical fertilizers or pesticides are permitted in the growing of the crop. The same stringent controls apply in the extraction and refining of the oils from the crop, for example no bleaching or chemical distillation is permitted.
It should be noted that this product is not considered 100% Organic, as some raw materials are not available in the Organic variety.
This Organic Body Wash Base was manufactured under ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems.
• Organic Potassium Cocoate
• Organic Potassium Oleate
• Lauryl Betaine
• Organic Glycerin
• Benzyl Alcohol
• Potassium Palm Kernelate
• Palm Kernel Acid
• Decyl Glucoside
• Potassium Citrate
The potassium oleate comes from the saponification of organic sunflower oil, the potassium cocoate comes from saponification of organic coconut oil, and the glycerin from the saponification of both the organic sunflower oil and organic coconut oil.
Shelf Life: Minimum 1 year from date of purchase.